|(c) 92 Ken Alves, from Amberzine 2|
My last blog post tried to interpret the Amber Diceless rules as written, so they could work as rules for a cyberpunk game. Today's post is the result of further tests. I think C-ADRPG works smoother now.
- Warfare, Strength and Endurance are self-explanatory and stay. Psyche is psychic resilience. [Human] level is really, really weak, [Chaos] level is the standard of your faceless mooks, and [Amber] and Ranked levels are professional level attributes.
- MOVER (Pattern Imprint) : your connections, getting things done, I know a guy who knows a guy, fast travel capacity and resources.
- ADVANCED MOVER (Advanced Pattern Imprint) : knowing a few really, really big names in the biz
- AUGMENTATION (Logrus Mastery) : your cyberware, bioware, nanoware, you name it. With the full 45-point package, you're stuffed with ware, and you have to specify what chrome you're wearing.
- FULL AUGMENTATION (Advanced Logrus Mastery) : a full cyborg-body mod, or packed to the eyelids with cyberware.
- PARTIAL AUGMENTATION (Fixed Logrus Mastery) : like Full Augmentation, but you have way less ware in your body. Tell the GM what you have. Be reasonable.
- NETRUNNING AUG (Trump Artistry) : your skill, instincts and augmentations that enable you to hack, extract data, and do stuff script kiddies can only dream of.
- ADVANCED NETRUNNING (Advanced Trump Artistry) : If you're chipped to the hilt, stuffed with biosofts and brain-enhancement nanotech so you can be the fastest man in the matrix, I guess that would count as Advanced Trump Artistry.
- DELIVERY PRIME ACCOUNT (Conjuration) : expedite drone delivery of stuff you order; small items like ammo clips or burners will arrive pretty fast, bigger/heavier stuff requires a heavier and slower drone. Really big and heavy items can take several days or weeks – if they're available. Your GM knows. Thanks to zircher from therpgsite for this cool idea.
- ARTEFACTS will be toned down and grittier in scope, no Transfer costs.
- SHADOWS become residences, apartments, houses.
- Outlier I: Shapeshifting is not used for pure cyberpunk games, but could be extremely useful when playing Shadowrun – it then becomes PHYSICAL ADEPT . The more advanced and powerful version would be ADVANCED PHYSICAL ADEPT (Advanced Shapeshifting) .
- Outlier 2: SORCERY  would also be used for Shadowrun games, and not even the name would change. But only when you're using ADVANCED SORCERY , your spells are as quick as you wish they were, and if you want to throw your Hellblasts real good, you better get EXALTED SORCERY .
- Outlier 3: POWER WORDS  are exactly that, little, small-scale spells in Shadowrun.
I might also NOT use Partial Augmentation and grant a character one or two enhancements for free.
So there you have it, my C-ADRPG in a nutshell. More to come, for sure.
An example Cyberpunk character:
FULL AUGMENTATION : full-body kevlar-reinforced plating, titanium brain shielding, industrial-strength muscle grafts, tac-implants, hydraulic legs, titanium-reinforced bone structure.
Safehouse in the abandoned barracks (5 pts)
- personal shadow 1 pt
- guarded 4 pts